- By Editorial Team
In marketing, sometimes it’s hard to separate the fact from fiction, or the jargon from valuable insights. We’ve packaged 12 interesting facts about local search marketing here for your reference; and this, we assure you, has the kind of facts that really matter to the local marketing context.
- FACT 1: According to a study conducted by @LocalSearchAssn, $10.3 billion worth of potential annual sales are lost due to wrong or missing data! #LSA17
- FACT 2: The almighty powerful @Google handles 40,000 search queries EVERY. SECOND! #LSA17
- FACT 3: This year, #localmarketing is all about going beyond #listings: #optimize your presence & run location-specific campaigns! #LSA17
- FACT 4: Heard of #SocialProof? It’s key to #intelligent marketing: users who interact with #GC are 97% more likely to convert. #LSA17
- FACT 5: “Get listed everywhere!” is outdated. Get listed on #directories that matter, and optimize! #LSA17
- FACT 6: Mobile. Mobile. MOBILE! Mobile accounts for 56% all time spent online. #LSA17
- FACT 7: A study by @deloitte shows that 90% of shoppers still want to make purchases in-store. #LSA17
- FACT 8: 30% of all #mobile searches are related to #location. @ThinkWithGoogle #LSA17
- FACT 9: According to @EMarketer, 2.56 billion people will be smartphone owners by 2018! That’s a lot of #localsearches #LSA17
- FACT 10: According to @Google, 56% of “on the go” searches have a #local intent. @LocalSearchAssn #LSA17
- FACT 11: Local is becoming increasingly about #social, thanks to things like @Snapchat
- FACT 12: We have the 411 on how your business will be affected by #local this year – download it now! #LSA17
Thanks for tuning in everyone — and see you at #LSA17! @LocalSearchAssn
By 2018, eMarketer estimates over one-third of consumers worldwide, or more than 2.56 billion people will be smartphone owners. That 2018 figure also represents over half-51.7% – of all mobile phone users.