- By Angelika Joachimowicz
Having a strong online presence holds as much weight as your physical business location if not more in today’s growing digital space. Building your online visibility, findability, or stake in digital isn’t an impossible feat but it does however require time and a developed understanding. From our local search experts to you, we’ve compiled a list of steps that will help your business increase its findability online for more in-store sales:
- Get listed across the internet. Definitely get listed on the big sites, but don’t forget about the hyper-local and hyper-vertical sites that might be specific to your location and industry.
- Claim your listings wherever you can. Google+/Google My Business, Bing, Yellow Pages, Yelp, Foursquare, TripAdvisor, etc. And be sure to include your phone number, your address, and your hours (absolutely imperative).
- Make sure that the listings are accurate. You can lose a lot of O2O (online-to-offline) business every year because of inaccurate listings. Use the same information across all of your listings so they don’t conflict. Keep the pages up to date: if a location opens, closes or moves, update all of the pages with the new information.
- Put your brand’s stamp on the pages and make them your own. Add photos and videos of your store and your products. Reflect the style and attitude that your business wants to project. Consumers respond to a complete brand presence, so the more harmonious your branding on these external pages, the better.
- Keep on top of the reviews for your business to manage the conversation online. Use them to improve the customer perception of your brand and keep people talking.
- Benchmark your performance against your competitors. Information is power, and the more you have the more able you are to respond to your local search eco-system.